head gasket?

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
racer36

head gasket?

Post by racer36 »

hi
does anyone know were to get a head gasket for a 66 cortina with the 1500 high compression engine mine blew the other day and i need to get fixed because its my daily driver

thanks dalton
garyeanderson

Post by garyeanderson »

Hi Dalton

www.davebean.com or Ray at www.rdent.com should be able to help. Headgaskets also apear on ebay. Both are Lotius supliers and you will more than likely pay some premium but they will probably have them. Dave Bean is in San Andreas, Ca. and R.D. Enterprises is in Quakertown, Pa.

Gary
raypmcc

Post by raypmcc »

I d.k. if Fiesta 1600 cc parts will fit the pre-cross flow head/engines, BUT contact Tom C. at: Titan8@Iwon.com - - Tom C. is in Chicagoland area & has a wealthof 1600cc Kent engine stuff! Just say Ray frm Mont. ref'd U thru this site.......
daily driver is tan '79 Fiesta - towed behind motorhomes I deliver
garyeanderson

Post by garyeanderson »

Hi Dalton
The head gasket may be the same but the intake and exhaust won't be and I would think that once removed they ought to be replaced. I guess you may be able to slide the head gasket under with out removing them but I would like to inspect the head while its unbolted. I would be looking for a head set. There was one on ebay stores for $29 yesterday for the 105e and 1200cc engine. I don't know if the port size for the intake and exhaust is the same or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/English- ... dZViewItem

if you can't find one that is specificly for the 1500 I would try this over the 1600 as most of the other gaskets would be right.

Gary
racer36

Post by racer36 »

thanks for the help guys i bought the head gasket and intake exhaust gasket from dave bean

dalton