Anglia Transformation (Part 3.5)

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
stanchfi
Site Admin

Anglia Transformation (Part 3.5)

Post by stanchfi »

I stopped by an automotive paint supply shop today. Unfortunately they do not rent equipment. The owner was nice, but confirmed by fears that I would need to buy at least a $600 compressor to do a good job. He did mention that there was a guy in town who owned a building in town with a compressor and a paint booth, that he may rent out. He didn’t have his number but gave me general directions and told me to look for a sign for “Don’s Drywall” I hope to hunt down this lead later in the week.

While working on the door I found an old oil change reminder sticker with the dealers name and address on it. I knew the original dealers name, from the sticker on the trunk. I had previously googled the dealer name and city, but had not come up with anything. Armed with the address I checked google maps, and looked at the satellite view. It sure looks like there is currently a car dealer at the same location. After some more googling, I found that it is currently a Lincoln Mercury dealer with a different name. I gave them a call to see if they had any sales records from the 60’s. The phone operator did not even think the dealer had been around that long. I think next time I am in Chicago I may drop by the dealership and see if I can find anything else out. Interestingly enough the dealership is only about 20 miles away from where I bought the car from. That confirms my suspicions that the 24,000 miles on the odometer is actual miles.

-James