105E fuel line ferrules

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
JAN

Post by JAN »

The connectors are known (in the UK anyway) as 'olives', cylindrical brass tubes about 1/4" - 3/8" long with an internal diameter to be a loose fit over the pipe, in this case 1/4" O/D. They have an external taper both ends and the unions into which they fit are similarly but concave tapered. As you tighten the union nut, the olive compresses on to the pipe to give an effective seal.

When I get home tonight (it's currently 8.45am here and I'm at work!) I'll try to find one and post a photo.

I think the connection into the tank is different though (it is on the 100E), being a straight forward concave flare.
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

Glenn. there are a couple of pictures of my Anglia in the Readers Rides section of the the site. They aren't very good but you'll see it in all its glory. My car was built in September 1959 and is a very early example with no restoration work ever carried out on it. I've never taken taken any photos of the engine! It is the same as the one in your truck though, all 997cc and 39 hp! That is what the size of your engine will be. The 1200 version was not introduced until late 1962 and the 1340 version would not have been used by Sabra. If I get around to taking photos of the engine and working out how to put them on a computer you'll get to see my mighty power plant! They are a very simple engine and are very tuneable should you want more power. If there is anything you need to know I'm sure Jan and I will be able to help you out as well as all those other knowledgeable chaps on this site.

Paul
JAN

Post by JAN »

As promised, meet Olive!

She's the brass part on the right. Note that, although when new it will easily slide over the pipe, there is no brazing or soldering involved; all that holds it on is its contraction on to the pipe when the union nut is tightened. After that, you'll need to cut it off to remove it.
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

I've heard this referred to as a "compression fitting" on this side of the pond.

-James