105E fuel line ferrules

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
LittleBlueTruck

105E fuel line ferrules

Post by LittleBlueTruck »

Hello,
Please bear with me, I'm a rookie, my first post. Forgive me, if this is not the correct category for this question:
I have a 1961 Sabra truck, made in Israel, which has what I believe is an English Ford Anglia 105E engine (clearly marked "EnFo", but identification of the model is open for debate). The fuel line, from tank to pump, is flexible plastic which needs to be replaced. I think I've found suitable tubing, but the connectors are another story. Anyone have ideas on parts dealers who would have old ferrules like these? Photos available!
1961 Sabra Sussita, powered by EnFo.
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

Welcome to the forum! You should not be able to post pics. Sounds like quite a rare vehicle. Also you might want to post pics of the engine, I'm sure we can tell you which engine it is.

-James
LittleBlueTruck

Thanks for your interest! How or where can I post photos?
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

Sabra did use English Ford engines for their vehicles in the 60s. They made a sports cars that used the 1703cc engine from the Mk2 Consul/Mk3 Zephyr 4. I seem to recall that their small car used the 997cc Anglia 105E engine and your very cute truck looks as if it is derived from that car so you probably do have that excellent engine!

Paul
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

posting pics -
when you create a new post, there should be a "Upload picture" button
If you have any problems you can e-mail me the pics, and I can post them for you

-James
LittleBlueTruck

Paul & James, thanks!
Paul, since my last post, I received confirmation that it's an Anglia engine, based on the engine numbers from the ID plate. I believe you're correct about it being the 997cc. Glad to see you call it an "excellent engine"! I've had this vehicle since I was 15 (I'm 43, now), and although it has less than 11k miles, the engine has been quite good, considering its age. This recent fuel line problem has been the only thing that knocked it down. The fuel tank is full of loose sediment that plugged the line. Guessing by your user ID, you have a 105E? Regarding the sports cars, have you ever been to this site? http://www.sabra.be/
James, I'll try posting a photo or 2 next. Thanks for the tip; I see the upload button, now. ;-)
LittleBlueTruck

[attempt #1] Exhibit A: the engine!Image
LittleBlueTruck

Exhibit B: engine number 105E 6015 (bottom left of engine block; US driver's side). Image
LittleBlueTruck

Exhibit B: The elusive fuel line fitting.Image
LittleBlueTruck

OK, clearly I can't count. Last one was "C".
The system won't allow me to upload any more. Says my next photo exceeds file size limit, but it's almost half the size of the previous ones. Maybe there's a daily quota. Not important, it was just another angle on that connector.
Anyone know where I could get new ferrules like that? There are a couple of other Sabra (Sport) owners who are also looking!
Thanks-
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

You are correct, I do own a 105E. My car is one of the oldest survivors as it was sold here in the UK one week after the 'New Anglia' was introduced. It is very original and has only done 31,000 miles from new. The engines are very good and as yours has only 11,000 miles it should run real sweet once you have sorted out the fuel problems. Mine runs like a top! I like the fact that you have owned the truck for so many years, it must be very rare. Thanks for the link, it looks pretty interesting.

Paul
JAN

Post by JAN »

LittleBlueTruck wrote:Exhibit B: engine number 105E 6015 (bottom left of engine block; US driver's side). Image
To be honest, that number 105E 6015B is pretty meaningless: it's basically the part number of the engine block and they all have that on. What's more, the same casting (although later as 109E 6015B) was used for the 997cc; 1198cc; and 1342cc engines. To further confuse matters, when an engine went away for rebuild, it could come out in any of these three sizes, irrespective of what it was at the start.

The ony way to establish what cubic capacity you have, if you are in doubt, is to measure the stroke:997 - 48.41mm; 1198 - 58.17mm; 1342 - 65.07mm. All have three-bearing cranks so the mains can be a little delicate on these units, particularly the 1342 variant.
LittleBlueTruck

Jan, thanks. Disappointing that the number doesn't definitively ID the engine, but an interesting and important bit of info, nonetheless. Indeed, there are other parts on the engine that also begin with the prefix 105E followed by several other numbers. So if I understand what you're saying, it may or may not be a 105E engine, and, even if it is, it could have a part on it with a prefix 109... or whatever the series was when the part was made. (Or, even if it's not a 105E, it could have a part with that prefix). That makes my brain hurt. Gotta take a break. ;-)
LittleBlueTruck

Paul, I'd like to see some pix of your car, annnnnnd, the engine! Sounds like a beauty! What year was it made?
LittleBlueTruck

So... about those fuel line connections... Has anyone had theirs apart, so they could tell me if they have the same thing? Some company is still making new pumps, (bought a new one in the 1980s, anyway), so you'd think there would be line fittings, too!
Thanks-