105E bonnet catches

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
rdssdi

105E bonnet catches

Post by rdssdi »

Can anyone provide a source for new (used?) 105E bonnet catches and plungers with springs.

Thanks

Bob
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Bob,

Could you please state your location?It helps when
dealing with people.
You might try thr 105E Owner's Club in England.

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
rdssdi

bonnet catches

Post by rdssdi »

I live in eastern PA usa.

I have tried everyone. If you see any let me know. Thanks

Bob
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

Bob,

If you go to the UK Owner's Club site there is someone breaking an Anglia. Chances are he'll have what you need. All you can do is ask him!

Paul
rdssdi

bonnet

Post by rdssdi »

Thanks

I was in contact with a 105E parts seller. Said he may have two VG pair as I require.

Are there any companies in the UK I should be aware of? Good or bad!
Thanks

Bob
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

Hmm, I don't know of any bad ones although sometimes you'll hear of someone who doesn't like a particular company. 105speed do a good range of stuff and also Milton but a lot of it is for modifications. Try www.105speed.com for some good stuff. Unfortunately because of insurance problems a lot of UK owners clubs cannot ship to the US and Canada. It's not the fault of the clubs, it's the litigation happy society we've become. Quite a lot of parts are still available which is good even repro interior trim can be sourced. If I can help please let me know.

Paul
rdssdi

bonnet latches

Post by rdssdi »

The U.K. clubs will not ship parts to the U.S. for they are not insured for such transactions. A lawyer for a bonnet latch. Sounds like a good trade.

This still leaves me in need of two latches and two plungers. Anyone see them or have any for sale kindly contact me.

Bob
Newtown, PA 18940 USA
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

Perhaps a member in the UK could buy them, then ship them for you, maybe as an "art piece" and not a usable part.

I can't believe the British think we are a litigacious country, we should sue them for liable! :D

-James
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

Bob,

I'm sure if you put a 'wanted' notice on the UK 105E owners club site someone will have those and send them to you. Or contact Neil at www.105speed.com as he may be able to help. I would help you out but a very good friend and my father have passed away this past week and I'm a bit tied up at present.

Paul
rdssdi

bonnet latch

Post by rdssdi »

I have found the bonnet cacthes. Thank you to all.

One part coming from the UK through e-bay and the other set from here in U.S.

Bob