steering linkage ???

Post technical questions here.
70CortinaGT

Post by 70CortinaGT »

I put those vented rotors from R1 on my '68 GT and they work just awesome , stock calipers...
Cortinas RULE !!!
xclusiv

Post by xclusiv »

cool.. i'm trying to make up a "big brake" setup right now.. if it works out i'll post it up..
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

I think what '70CortinaGT' means is that the R1 discs 5/8 " thickness are cross-drilled which relieves some heat but are not the same as vented discs like the ones found on the Capri 2.8. These have a webbing between the friction surface of the discs and are approx. 1''.
xclusiv

Post by xclusiv »

i figured that.. i trying to do a volkswagen/volvo combination. passat rotor with a 240 4piston caliper, i'm trying to make something that will be easy to replace when brake job time comes around.. buying 2.8 vented rotors are a little too expensive for my taste.. the shipping cost almost twice as much as the parts..
Dave A

Post by Dave A »

70CortinaGT wrote:I got vented disc's for a Cortina on EBay . Also , '87 Nissan Maxima rear strut inserts work very well ...
These Maxima rear strut inserts-Is that with the rubber top type mounts or the roller tops?
70CortinaGT

Post by 70CortinaGT »

Yeah , those would be the rubber tops. I think the person that told me said they work on the bearing mount to . Not sure , haven't had a bearing one apart yet .
Cortinas RULE !!!
xclusiv

Post by xclusiv »

well, i got the volkswagen rotors to mount to the cortina hubs, looks nice.. i'm in the process of mocking up the caliper bracket to attach the volvo calipers, looks like it might work well. will post up some more pictures soon.