Windscreen Triplex LF64V

Post technical questions here.
mgroethe

Windscreen Triplex LF64V

Post by mgroethe »

Hi!
I am new to this forum and have to admit my car is not a Ford, but the windscreen (and backlight might be). I have a limited production Morgan +4+ and perhaps as many of you know Morgan has long used Ford parts. I have reason to believe from a technical paper that the windscreen is Ford, and indeed if it is I was wondering what Ford it is from? The technical paper lists testing a number of windscreens for polarization of oncoming traffic headlight intensity and states that the "FoMoCo Triplex laminated LF64V" windscreen was one of those tested. Does anyone know if this is a number that applies to a specifc Ford car?

Cheers,
-Mark
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Mark,

It may share the same windshield from a Ford Classic/Capri 61-64 p/n: FCW-139 ( National Auto Glass specs ) size: 19.8"x 55.1" This W/S is also used on the Lotus Elan +2 and I think on one model of the TVR.
LF64V is a specification not a FoMoCo p/n. Classic/Capri used a starting prefix p/n with: 109E - xxxxx
Lo-can windshields was bought over by another glass co. I don't remember the name. Try Classic/Antique Auto glass on-line.

Pete
mgroethe

Windscreen Triplex LF64V

Post by mgroethe »

Hi,
Thanks for the information - I will quiz Elan owners and search a little more on the English Ford Forum.
cheers,
-Mark