aftermarket radiator

Post technical questions here.
reggie

aftermarket radiator

Post by reggie »

Hey guys anyone using an aftermarket aluminum radiator on there Anglia 105e Here? I have been looking around to see if I can get one to retrofit on my 67 anglia. The MG Radiator looks like it could possibly wrk with a lil modification.. any ideas from you guys here?

ReggieImage
"god made Adam & Eve for a reason"
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Reggie,

The MG midget radiator is close enough to fit in an Anglia with slight mods and re-drilling the rad brackets.

Why not re-use the Anglia rad ? It can usually be re-cored for $150-200 or
boiled out and pressure checked for under $100.

Pete
reggie

radiator

Post by reggie »

peteleo wrote:Reggie,

The MG midget radiator is close enough to fit in an Anglia with slight mods and re-drilling the rad brackets.

Why not re-use the Anglia rad ? It can usually be re-cored for $150-200 or
boiled out and pressure checked for under $100.

Pete
I prefer to use the Anglia radiator but this radiator does not help the car at all. I drive my car decent miles in the summer and it does not quite over heat but reaches up there . The electric fan does help but I want the car to run cooler. I have used an aluminum radiator on my Cutlass and it help with overheating issues . I was thinking an aluminum radiator will help me on the anglia. Am gonna look into the re-cored and see how that wrks.. Thanks any more help will be appreciated..

reggie
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

I would take it to a rad shop to determine if it needs to be re-cored or just boiled out. A copper rad dissipates heat better than an alum. rad. A new copper rad will keep an engine cooler than a new alum one of equal volume/size. The main reason for installing alum rads because they are lighter and cheaper to produce.
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

I had the rad on my 1955 Zephyr re-cored after it expired the first time it hit 105 degrees here in AZ. Using modern technology they re built it to double its original capacity within the same top and bottom tanks. It has neber even got close to hot since then and temps hit 115 here. Also, my motor is massively modified (Mays head, triple Webers, etc) and it does not have an engine fan at all. Just twin electric fans that I only ever turn on if the car is stationary or crawling in traffic. So, definitely look at a recore.
the older i get,the faster i went...
reggie

hey guys

Post by reggie »

wanna say thanks am going to look into getting the rad re-core thanks for this information It was very much helpful...

reggie..