Weber 32DFD substitute

Post technical questions here.
rdssdi

Weber 32DFD substitute

Post by rdssdi »

I am still attempting to get my crossflow to run properly. The carb was rebuilt wrong and I have corrected all those problems. I still have a pulsating rough running around 4K to 5 K RPM. I have ruled out electrical issues as I ran the car with the coil wired directly to the battery. The tach is reading the correct RPMS. I am using a new Pertronix vacuum advance distributor.

I now believe it remains a carb problem. I have replaced jets and am now prepared to exchange the carb body with a spare body I have. This is in case there is a clogged internal passage in the body. Which I feel is doubtful but I have little else to do. I would like to replace the carb entirely but it appears the new carbs offered are not suitable. I know that Pegasus and Dave Bean offer a 32 DGV (I believe that is the model) as a replacement but it looks to me as if it will not fit. The primary and secondary ports appear to be reversed.

Has anyone replaced a 32 DFD with a new Weber carb that is currently available? what problems were encountered?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob
Deathproofcapri

Post by Deathproofcapri »

bike carbs or for ease, use a 32/36 dgv/dgav