Looking for info.

Post technical questions here.
1970 cortina GT

Looking for info.

Post by 1970 cortina GT »

This is a long shot but is there a Doug Elliott anywhere on this site, or does anyone know him? Possibly lives in BC. He knew of a previous owner of a MK1 Cortina that I am looking at. Just looking for as much information as I can get before I empty the bank account and make a purchase :shock:
Life isn't complete until you have a pair of twin cams in the garage...
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

How long ago did you converse with your Doug Elliott?? I knew of one here in Vancouver a long time ago, he was a body man and had a Lotus Elan plus 2 rotting in his back yard and I know he had some nice pre crossflow engine parts in his house. Is there any chance it is the same guy?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
1970 cortina GT

Post by 1970 cortina GT »

Actually never spoke to him before but I saw he commented on BAT when the car was on Kijiji selling out of Red Deer AB. I believe it mentioned he was in Port Alberni. Could be the same guy I guess. He has a few posts on BAT all kind of enfo related.
Life isn't complete until you have a pair of twin cams in the garage...
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I guess it is not the same fellow if he had posted recently, the one I knew of passed away more than ten years ago. It just seemed odd with the same name and interests?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Aha! Knew the name was familiar. I bought my xflow from Doug Elliot. Had to go all the way to Port Alberni to get it.

Last year. Still have his number. I think
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Shoot me your info I'll send it to him