Croosflow swap

Post technical questions here.
reggie

Croosflow swap

Post by reggie »

Hey guys am gonna finaly put that xflow motor into my 105e. Any info on this swap available on the net? Motor looks identical to the 1200 except for the gas peddle throttle linkage. Anyone did this swap before? If so all help will be appreciated. Thanks[/b]
"god made Adam & Eve for a reason"
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I did that swap back in the 1970s so I am sure there is better info out there now? When I did mine I was using an earlier crossflow (not the 1/4 inch wider 711M) so it bolts right in with the Anglia mounts, I also used the 2000e 3 rail box from a 67 Mk2 GT Cortina. I cut a new hole for the shifter but you can keep the old shifter location if you swap the semi-close gear set into the Anglia 1200 box. The 1200 Anglia drive shaft is also good to go with that setup.
The stock GT headers were very tight beside the steering box so I heated them with a torch and gave them a bit of a squeeze. For the throttle I went cable using the gas pedal out of my Morris Minor and that worked perfectly.
What crossflow are you going to use? Are you staying with the Anglia box? I know the earlier 997 Anglia had a different sized pilot bushing but I can't remember if the 1200 box used the Cortina pilot bearing, you will have to check that.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
reggie

I am

Post by reggie »

I will be using the transmission that came on my 1200 cc motor the cross flow motor that I going to be using came out of a Ford Cortina.. The motor down to the sump looks identical to the 1200. The engine mounts is completely different but itloiks like the 1200 mounts can wrk on it. Itlooks like a straight foward swap but i have not attempt it as of yet. I was planning in doing it this summer..
"god made Adam & Eve for a reason"
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

The Anglia mounts bolt right up to the block with no problem. As I mentioned before check that the pilot bearing in the crank end is compatible with the input shaft on the Anglia gearbox. You didn't say if you are using a header or not but if you are that will be tight. Oh yes, use the Cortina starter motor too.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock