1968 Cortina GT Wiper Knob Problem

Post technical questions here.
TiRoDa

1968 Cortina GT Wiper Knob Problem

Post by TiRoDa »

Have a 68 Cortina GT that I've inherited after the unfortunate passing of my father. Someone has since messed with the wiper knob and pulled it completely out... Seems to not want to push back in and I don't want to force it. Any trick to It? Hoping I won't have to disassemble much since the car is all original with 1730 miles!
https://imgur.com/a/xNaGd
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Welcome to the forum.

That's basically a new car. Amazing.

The wiper switch / windshield wash pump ass'y shaft broke internally.
It would need to be removed by twisting the bezel ccw and you should be able to reach underneath the dash to pull it down. Disconnect the battery to prevent the hot wires on the switch shorting to ground. No fuse box on this model i believe.
I have spare wiper / pump switches.

Pete
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Fantastic.And welcome.
the older i get,the faster i went...
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

Welcome. Sweet MK2. As Pete said the whole pump will need to be replaced. Easy fix.
TiRoDa

Post by TiRoDa »

Instead of posting another thread, I figured I'd pose a new question. What do you folks think this car is worth? I may need to sell due to hardship unfortunately... A few paint blemishes, but otherwise clean. An electric fuel pump has been added by the previous owner but could easily be reversed. Everything else beside the tires is original and as previously mentioned, only has 1730 miles!