66 MK1 GT Cortina

Post technical questions here.
1970 cortina GT

66 MK1 GT Cortina

Post by 1970 cortina GT »

I’m kinda confused on one of , hopefully, the last of my wiring woes. I have a female connector that I don’t seem to have a place to attach to. There is a white wire that loops in the back of the tach, it then goes to the spade connector on the back as shown. It then goes off somewhere? I also have a wire missing on the other spade connector. I realise wiring issues are difficult to diagnose and yes I do have a wiring diagram but I can’t figure the damn thing out. Thanks guys.Image
Life isn't complete until you have a pair of twin cams in the garage...
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Still + grd ? The other disconnected white wire attaches to a white male
terminal that goes to the primary side of the coil. Also, attach a ground wire to the back of the tach.

The other side of the loop which you have already attached shares the same connection to the power terminal, also attached, goes to the ignition.
1970 cortina GT

Post by 1970 cortina GT »

Thanks Pete, I am converting to negative ground as I go, probably why I’m getting so confused, I’ve made the necessary changes to the rev counter and I’m just reassembling it all. I’ll take another look and see if what you tell me makes sense. I hate wiring...........
Life isn't complete until you have a pair of twin cams in the garage...