type of engine for Anglia

Post technical questions here.
bevb

type of engine for Anglia

Post by bevb »

Hi I bought what I was told was a 59 anglia english ford. My husband has the manual for 59-67 which we bought recently and it doesn't mention having flatheads in them My car has a flathead....do earlier years have flatheads Do I have a different year then a 59....???? Bev
JAN

Re: type of engine for Anglia

Post by JAN »

bevb wrote:Hi I bought what I was told was a 59 anglia english ford. My husband has the manual for 59-67 which we bought recently and it doesn't mention having flatheads in them My car has a flathead....do earlier years have flatheads Do I have a different year then a 59....???? Bev
Sounds like you have a 100E (oe 101E), which was available (in the UK) from October 1953 - October 1959. At that point the Anglia name was tken by an entirely new car: the 105E. This had the recerse rake rear screen and, yes, overhead valve engine.

There are plentyof photos of both types in Teaders Rides. As I'm just off to work, sorry I can't put in links.
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

You definitely have the 100E Anglia with the 1172cc flathead and three speed tranny. My dad had one back in 1961, it was our first 'modern' car! As Jim says they were sold from 1953 until 1959 when the 105E Anglia was introduced with the reverse rake rear screen and 997cc overhead valve engine. Famous of course as the flying car in a Harry Potter movie. There is a club here in Britain that caters for the 100E called the Ford Sidevalve Owners Club. I believe they have a website www.fsoc.co.uk which could be worth a look for parts and information.

Paul