solex 32PICB

Post technical questions here.
estuardoklee

solex 32PICB

Post by estuardoklee »

hi, i am from Guatemala City in Central America and i have a Ford Taunus 1963 P3FS. where i can found parts for the Solex32PICB carburator? reparation kit, used or new carburator? help please!!
IFHP
Site Admin

Solex

Post by IFHP »

Hi,

I'll try to get some information for you on this. But I can tell you the best chance of finding these will be from Europe, or if your lucky, on e-bay. I need to research this for my own P3 anyway.

Michael
toni

Post by toni »

A few years ago I was running a 32PICB on a 1951 Singer and found a rebuild kit from TREADWELL CARBURETORS in Treadwell, New Jersey USA (607-829-8321). I do not know if they still have anything for Solex, as their website talks mostly about tractors now. Google Treadwell Carbs.
The packaging had 32PICB listed as for a Borgward Isabella, and I have a vague recollection of also seeing it listed for Citroen and early VW. As mentioned earlier, your chances of 32PICB carbs and/or parts is much greater in Europe.
Toni
IFHP
Site Admin

European Ford Parts Suppliers

Post by IFHP »

Regarding the question about parts for the Solex carburetor on your P3 Taunus, the following businesses MIGHT be helpful:

Old Cars & Parts Store:

Located in Germany, Old Cars & Parts specialize in German Fords, but mostly from the “V” engine era and up. I ordered an emergency brake cable for my Mk III Cortina from them and was happy with their service.
www.oldcars.de

Harrie Drenth’s Classic Ford Parts:

Located in Holland with a half page ad in every issue of Dutch Ford Taunus/M Club magazine. I have never done business with his company.

Autoplaatwerk@hotmail.com

Michael
IFHP
Site Admin

Solex on ebay

Post by IFHP »