Solex Blues Part two

Post technical questions here.
Elan

Solex Blues Part two

Post by Elan »

So I "rebuilt" my "new" carb. 3 times and it still won't idle. So I want to get another one. Anyone know where I can find a salvage yard that would have old 100e s? Or any other suggestions.
Faster faster
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Are you 100% sure that you don't have some kind of vacuum leak, I know that it sounds obvious but have you tried running it with the wiper vacuum take-off removed and blocked?
I have heard that some of the early VW Beetle engines used a similar carb but I have no idea if they interchange?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Elan

Good idea

Post by Elan »

Great idea Brett. I'll try it. I did disconnect the vacuum reservoir and connected the vacuum gauge to the hose to adjust the fuel mix screw. The needle bounced a lot about 5 points and I got very little response tuning the mix screw. Thanks Brett
Faster faster
JAN

Post by JAN »

You should also, if you haven't already, check that the base is truly flat; they tend to bow with being tightened down on to the yielding material of the gasket. Also check that there is no play in the throttle spindle bushes, another common cause of air leaks which doesn't help the idling mixture.
Elan

OK Thanks

Post by Elan »

Thanks a lot Jan , will do
Faster faster