PCV Recirculation

Post technical questions here.
Langlia

PCV Recirculation

Post by Langlia »

Hi all,

Just put the GT style intake onto my crossflow along with a 32/36 Weber. Crank gases run to valve cover then to the intake manifold above the water port. Should it run into the carb first so it doesnt upset the AFR or this doesnt matter since it's just oil vapour?
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

1600 Crankcase has a baffled cannister with a metal PCV valve on top attached hose to the inlet manifold.

Attach only a outlet tube from the crankcase to the valve cover allows by pass fumes plus residual oil to enter which is ok. A tube from the valve cover outlet
to the inlet manifold requires a baffled valve cover from the 1500 pre-c/f to avoid oil being sucked into the inlet.

It will effect the air fuel ratio. I don't remember if you adjust the carb a bit more lean or rich.
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

I have the Burton Power block outlet which is just a 90 degree interference fit plug. I also have a catch can that I still have to hook back up just need an extra fitting and that goes between the valve cover and carb.

I believe my carb will be running a bit rich at the moment with the jets I have.