Ford Nationals at Carlisle June 4th-6th

English & European Ford related events
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

-------------------------------------
CELEBRATE THE EURO FORDS – MERKURS & CAPRIS CELEBRATE THE EURO FORDS – MERKURS & CAPRIS
25th Anniversary Display and Ford Euro Garage

To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the iconic European Ford - the Merkur, we will host a special display of both Merkur models, the XR4Ti and Scorpio, from all five years of American importation. Additionally, 2010 represents the 40th anniversary of the launch of the "Sexy European" to the United States, the Mercury Capri. Be sure to check out the Ford Euro Garage in Building G, featuring a great display of Merkurs and Capris.

ATTEND THE SHOW AND WIN A CAR – MERKUR XR4Ti ATTEND THE SHOW AND WIN A CAR – MERKUR XR4Ti
Giveaway Car Presented by Carlisle Events on Sunday

This year's prize: a 1986 Merkur XR4Ti!

You have a chance to drive this great example of FOMOCO history back home! Be at the stage on Sunday at 3 PM with the “Giveaway Car” ticket provided to you upon entry of the event to be eligible to win the XR4Ti! No purchase is necessary but you must be present to win.

They will also have the 2011 Ford Fiesta there.

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

I'm planning on going there at least for one day this year. Anybody else going to be there? Or anybody have any advice?

-James
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

James,

I wish I could. If there ever was a year to attend (from a Euro-Ford perspective) this would be it! I hope you can bring back photos and a report for the forum and the newsletter.

Cheers,

Michael
European Ford Collector
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

James, did you make it to Carlise? If so, how was it?

Thanks,

Michael
European Ford Collector
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

Well, I did make it there..unfortunately it was Sunday at 11:00am....and there were tornado warnings in the area, so pretty much everybody was packing up and leaving. I did get some pics of the Merkurs, which there was an amazing amount of, along with some Capris. I'll see what I can do about posting the pics and doing a write-up.

-James
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Oh my! Glad it was jsut a warning.
European Ford Collector