Knotts Berry Fabulous Ford Meet

English & European Ford related events
peteleo

Knotts Berry Fabulous Ford Meet

Post by peteleo »

These are the 5 photos I took at the Knott's Berry Ford Meet. Here's the story I wrote about the meet for the English Ford Forum.

I drove the Anglia Sunday 3:00 AM from the Bay Area to Knotts Berry "Fords Forever" meet. Always wanted to go there to see what's like. Huge.

They put me near the far end with the other misfit "special section" cars..at least a 1/4 mile walk to the registration desk. Didn't bother to go there.

People were gathering around the car most never heard or thought Ford ever made anything like it. So, spent 5 hrs lecturing without a lunch break,
only had water. How times have changed so quickly to when i first entered the Anglia in the Palo Alto British car meet, an Europa owner would say,
" this front bumper alone is worth more then the car ". At a time when Locort engines were removed for Elans...Locort ain't worth much.

Our special section: Merkurs, Capris, and Jay Jones '64 Consul Corsair 1500GT. It maybe the only early LHD Corsair in the country. I will post a couple of pictures on enfostuff soon. Next year I'll try to make it to the Van Nuys British car show.

ImageImageImage
Image Image
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Times have changed without a doubt, looks like a good show. If I was in the neighbourhood I would be there.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

More pictures of the 124E: Go to section photos #11.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/New ... /index.htm
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Thanks for the report Pete. Looks like a good time. BTW, there are at least two other LHD Corsair's in the USA.
European Ford Collector
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

Pete, Love the picture of the Falcon GT. Aussie muscle at its best. Do you know if it was an original GT?
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

It's actually a U.S. falcon LHD with a 351 and front face of a XY Aussie Falcon. I was told. This conversion would fool anyone...thinking it was an export model LHD. Fantastic car.
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

Pete, I looked at the album you linked and saw it was a 2 door which that model did not come out in in Aussie. The 1970 Falcon XY GTHO came off the factory floor and could reach a speed of 125mph. They called it the Super Roo. Cool 4 door super saloons. Are you going up to Dixon this weekend?
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

I will be at the Palo Alto, Stanford senior games this weekend. We entered our over 60 soccer team. The only way i would go to Dixon on Sunday is if i
get injured Saturday...wish i could do both events.
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

Good Luck with your Soccer
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Thanks, Maybe someone will post a couple of pictures.