September,2009 - 105E's 50th

English & European Ford related events
angliagt

September,2009 - 105E's 50th

Post by angliagt »

I just happen to notice that the 105E will turn 50 in
September 2009.
Is there any way we could have some kind of get-
- together next year?This is too big to pass up.
I'm hoping to get our '60 105E going (#126,316).

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

Doug,

I would love to bring mine apart from the slight problem of it living in its homeland! The 105E was introduced here in the UK on September 30th 1959. My car was registered to its first owner on 7th October 1959. It is reputedly the oldest 105E on the road and possibly the earliest survivor with a chassis number of 13080. The great thing about my car is that it is very original. It still wears its factory paint and chrome and unlike most survivng Anglias has never been welded. It has only done 31,000 miles and drives very nicely. I'm hoping that there will be something done over here next year although I fear the original Mini will steal the limelight in the 50th anniversary department.

Paul
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

Doug,
That would be great, the best bet would most likely be the west cost. There seems to be more survivors out that way. Though my Anglia running well, I don't think the trip from Indiana would be possible, though drier than Paul's trip from the UK. Our best bet might be to have it be the "featured car" of a show that is already planned.

Paul, that's great that your car is still on the road. Take good care of her!

-James
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

I'm considering heading to the Midwest/East Coast for meet(s)
in 2009.Would be fun to drive the 105E!

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
drbob

105 E Rally in Massachusetts July 9, 10, 11 2010

Post by drbob »

Here it comes! The FORD ANGLIA 105E USA and CANADA Rally and 15th Annual Microcar and Minicar Classic Event in Massachusetts.

Hi All, we have been invited to display our Anglias as part of the Mini Car Classic in Newton Massachusetts this year.

Hope 105E drivers will be able to make it. Its a three day event with a very high social component.

Please email me if you would like to attend!
All the best, Bob Douglas

(Information from the BUBBLEDREOME.Com site.)