Wilkinson's Automobilia To Close in March

Share Your Experiences and Recommendations (be nice)
IFHP
Site Admin

Wilkinson's Automobilia To Close in March

Post by IFHP »

I received this e-mail recently. I'm sorry to hear the Wilkinson's Automobilia is closing their storefront (but not their online operation). I would always try and stop in at Wilkinson's on visits to Vancouver, and if Ted was working, he would always recognize me. I think the closest stores similar to Wilkinson's are in Toronto and LA.

It will be missed, but not a total surprise in today's Internet oriented economy.

ImageWilkonsons Automobilia, Vancouver, BC by IFHP97, on Flickr

What's New at Wilkinson's Automobilia/eAutomobilia.com
January 16th 2015

2531 Ontario Street Location Closing
- eAutomobilia.com to stay operating -

As times change, so must we, and so it is with mixed emotion that I announce the closure of our brick and mortar store at 2531 Ontario Street. This probably comes as a complete surprise to you, although this transition has been in the forefront of my mind for some time. It's hard to believe that our storefront location has been in operation for 26 years
- longer than we could have for seen. We have met so many incredible people over the years from all walks of life and from both sides of the counter. We realize this change will affect many.

Why is this happening? After over a quarter of a century, I still love the business and the customers, but also want to have more time to play with 1:1 scale cars. As it stands, the online version of Wilkinson's Automobilia (eAutomobilia.com) will continue to function and supply you with the same quality and customer service you have become accustomed to, but as a result of the sale of the building our Ontario Street location will be closing its doors March 28, 2015. Keeping that in mind we are looking for a warehouse location to hold our on-line inventory... if you are aware of a space please let us know.

So what's next you may ask? As the store is one of the touchstones for our automotive community we would like to see it continue in some form or fashion. As mentioned above, we will be maintaining the website for now, but would love it if someone else took over the driver's seat and continued the journey of building community and celebrating all things automotive.
If you think you are up for the challenge and are interested in purchasing the business, please contact me directly at ted@eautomobilia.com.

I still have a hard time believing this is happening... but it is. It has been so much fun and such a challenge running the store all these years. I will mostly miss the face to face contact with the people, the car lovers, the drivers, the collectors, the racers, the enthusiasts...

I would like to extend a special thanks to all of you who have kept our storefront vibrant all these years, and would especially like to thank the current staff - Ross, Tim and Hanson - and the past staff - all who have shown passion, dedication, and commitment to Wilkinson's Automobilia over the past many years. And also a thanks to my brother Bill who started this excellent adventure with me!

Hope to see you.

With all my sincerity,

Ted Wilkinson
Last edited by IFHP on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
European Ford Collector
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I used to spend a lot of time in that store years ago, I think there is a box full of scale models in my house somewhere too. It is too bad but it is a sign of the times here in Vancouver, many perfectly good buildings and houses torn down all over the place because our politicians do nothing to preserve the heritage of our city.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

NO!!!! - I stopped by there every time I was in Vancouver.
They had a shop,& parts manual for my MKIII Cortina.I still have
the parts manual.
I love places like that,& will go out of my way to see them.

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Reminds me of Autobooks on Magnolia in beautiful downtown Burbank, CA. I used to frequent it a lot when I lived in Lala land.
the older i get,the faster i went...
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

We are not as young as we once were

AND

We really do not want to move all the inventory we have when

our brick and mortar store closes on March 28th.

So we are putting the whole store on sale at

30% OFF

There are a few exclusions
New Inventory received since December 1st 2014

Items on consignment

New Magazines

Items on hold

Special Orders

Pre-orders

30% off can't be combined with other discounts

The discounted prices are reflected on the web site.

If the item does not have a NEW revised discounted price

IT IS NOT ON SALE

For most items once they are gone that's it - no more available

DISCOUNT applies to online and in store sales

PLEASE NOTE

If you have ordered any items that we are bringing in WE WILL still be getting them.

We can also still take orders for items out of stock, if available, and New/Future releases

Our on-line store will continue to operate, we are currently looking for a warehouse and will let you all know as soon as we know anything new.

Thanks for all your support and kind words.

Ted, Ross,Tim, Hanson, Larry and Lorraine

IF YOU ARE IN THE US DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE US FLAG ON THE WEB SITE TO SEE PRICES IN US$ AS THE EXCHANGE RATE IS APPROX. 1.0 cdn = 0.8 us

www.eautomobilia.com
Tel (604) 873 6242
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock