Wheels and Tires----Midlands-----

Share Your Experiences and Recommendations (be nice)
Brett Wilkie

Wheels and Tires----Midlands-----

Post by Brett Wilkie »

If you are ever stuck trying to find decent 13 inch tires check out Midlands in the U.K. http://www.midlandwheels.com/kolist/1/A ... Revolution

I bought a set of 13 inch wheels from them some time ago and I just now bought a set of tires to go with them. Their service is great, prices good and delivery to me here in Canada was within 4 working days. I landed these 185/60/13 tires here for $554.00 Canadian but did have to pay some extortion to the Government as well. It seems odd that I can buy stuff out of the U.K. cheaper than the States?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

I'm not sure if we can buy non-DOT compliant tires in
the US.
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

That is a fair question but I think you can rest assured that their tires do comply even if they might not wear the North American DOT endorsement on the side wall, if these tires are good enough for the Japanese and British Motorways they are good enough for me. When you say you might not be able to buy non-DOT do you mean that the tires will be stopped at the point of entry? I hope that Mr. Trump is not getting into the tire business now? The tires could also be claimed for track use and that would exclude them from the DOT too. I suspect at the end of the day even if you had an accident with these tires on the car they would first have to prove that the tires were at fault and then I think that the tire manufacture could likely provide proof that the tires do comply with DOT standards. Don't forget that this particular brand and model of tire are currently being sold in the USA from classic Mini Copper parts suppliers, I wonder if theirs carry the DOT on the sidewall? I will have to have a closer look at mine to see if there is any evidence of a DOT number?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock