I have 3 spare Ford Kent blocks and cranks

Share Your Experiences and Recommendations (be nice)
nateweeks3@gmail.com

I have 3 spare Ford Kent blocks and cranks

Post by nateweeks3@gmail.com »

Hi, I am a new member that has been directed to this site because I have 3 1970 to 1980 Ford Kent blocks and crankshafts. They are the heavy duty blocks with casting numbers 711M. They are from Watermota boat engines that were sold as sailboat engines around the world in the 70s and 80s. Watermota took a Ford Kent engine block and crank and then added their own (add-on) parts to make it diesel powered and suitable for a marine application. They no longer make the engines, and it is hard to find spare parts. I have collected these engines and used the add-on parts to keep my sailboat engine running, and have sold some of the add-on parts to help others keep their engines going. I just learned that Ford Kent engine enthusiasts may be interested in the blocks and cranks.
Please let me know if you are interested or if you know a good way to let other people (that might be interested) know about them. They are used, but sailboat engines typically don't get the "miles" that car engines get, and are replaced when the add-on parts can't be found by a mechanic, and it is easy to sell a new engine.
Many thanks,
Nate on Cape Cod
Elan

Post by Elan »

Hey! I just got a 57 Prefect but I'm having trouble finding parts. Only Kip's in Texas so far. Thanks, Dan
Faster faster