Van Dusen All British show

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
Dave C

Van Dusen All British show

Post by Dave C »

I entered the show this year with the Anglia. Anyone else going?

I used to go many years ago with the Morgan, but my shift changed at work...had to work Saturdays.

I'm hoping I will have my d/line vibration issue sorted by this weekend.
I pulled the gearbox and replaced the slip yoke bushing, but have discovered that my d/shaft is too short!
I understand from Peter S. that the center to center measurement should be 41". Mine is 40"

When I push the yoke all the way into the tailshaft and pull it back approx 1" I still have at least 1 1/4 in to pull back before I can bolt the shaft/diff flange.
This is pulling the yoke out so there is not much, if any real support in the bushing/splines.

I'm having another shaft made with a 1"+ longer tube, and hope to get that back today.

I measured the original shaft that was in the car when I acquired it and it was 40 1/4 -" The second one that Pat's built was 40".

Fingers crossed!!!!!! This might explain why the shaft I borrowed from Langlia was smooth...no vibration. It never occured to me to measure it!

If this doesn't work......anyone got any dynamite?

Cheers,
Dave.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

I'll probably haul the FROD there again...

angliagt

Post by angliagt »

You should post more information about the show,
as many people here don't know anything about it,and
you don't list your location below your screen name.
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

My location was in my profile, it just didn't show.

2017 All British Field meet.
Saturday May 20, 2017: VANCOUVER ABFM (32nd annual)—7am-4:30pm

The celebration continues on Saturday May 20, 2017, on the magnificent lawns of VanDusen Botanical Garden, with brass band music, pipe band, food trucks, swap meet, dealer future classics, restoration demonstrations, cars for sale corral and vendor booths. All of which complement the spectacular display of British cars and motorcycles and make this a very special garden party for enthusiasts and those merely looking for a walk down memory lane. If you own a British car or motorcycle or have a car for sale, fill out the 2017 Entry Form to register.

(This should probably have been posted in the "events' section)
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

I should be going. Didn't see any Anglias last year

Let me know if your never ending driveshaft journey isn't over after this next one. I have an extra one laying about.. looks decent. Needs a clean up.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

My plan is to be there with my stock 100e, if I find a 105e driveshaft during my house turnover I will bring it with me.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Sideways wrote:I'll probably haul the FROD there again...

Or Maybe I SHOuld bring this one?

zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

What the heck is that under the hood?
the older i get,the faster i went...
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

zephyrgary wrote:What the heck is that under the hood?
Just an engine...

For grins I just dropped the intake from the SHO engine on top of the Fiat Twin Cam that was in there to see how it looked.

The SHO engine was always on my short list of engines for this car, I had two SHO engines, one completely stripped for measuring/fabrication purposes and one ready to drop in once all had been done but what stopped me from going the SHO route with this car was the inability to source critical components.

Much though I enjoy the S2000 drivetrain which is in the car now, if I could find a low mileage Gen 1/2 SHO engine plus a box of those components I would possibly go that route - I like the SHO engine and I like how it looks.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

I have a Fiat twin cam and 5 speed in my Morris Minor convertible. Great little engine in a great little car.
Gary
the older i get,the faster i went...
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

The Van Dusen ABFM is a great show (especially if it isn't raining), but I will miss it again this year.
European Ford Collector