64 Zodiac Update

For posting photos and information about your cars
Nikotine450

64 Zodiac Update

Post by Nikotine450 »

As some of you may know, i picked up ZephyrGary's 64 Zodiac at the beginning of the year. Ive since moved to Las Vegas and maybe only had about 200 miles on it before deciding to tackle the drivetrain.

I pulled the engine and transmission and cleaned up the engine bay, motor mounts, wiring, replaced the clutch master, brake master and booster, clutch slave, clutch, aluminum heads, camshaft, roller rocker tips, timing chain, new edelbrock AVS2 650carb, electronic ignition, hi po water pump, blah, blah, blah....

Last week i got the drivetrain back in and started using it to get to work. The drivetrain is solid. Doesnt even leak a drop. Im also fairly certain that with the increased power, this rear end is a ticking time bomb... But thats a problem for a later date.

I plan on driving this thing down to Tucson for the Roadkill Ziptie drags in January. Probably wont run the quarter mile, but the past few years I brought my Mercedes to this event and entered into the car show for closer parking to the strip. It was basically ignored for being too "nice" for this crowd. These are the type of people who praise patina. The Zodiac would fit right in. Should be a good leg stretch for the old girl and the microsized fuel tank should make for some butthole puckering journeys between gas stations.

Should be fun! Ill be sure to take more photos.

ImageImage
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Well done. Glad to see it getting the attention it deserves. A rear end from a Mustang II would be a bout the right width, or from a Pinto and if they were V8 cars should have the right PCD. Plus you will get bigger brakes.
Good job.
Gary
the older i get,the faster i went...
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Here's a good resource. Also a Maverick or Ranger (not full size) might work.

http://oregonhotrod.com/Rear%20Axle%20Measurements.htm

Gary
the older i get,the faster i went...