CL-1963 Ford Cortina - $5,000 (CA)

stanchfi
Site Admin

CL-1963 Ford Cortina - $5,000 (CA)

Post by stanchfi »

1963 Ford Cortina - $5,000 (hollister)

1963 Ford Cortina for sale. This is a unique find as it has been garaged for the past 20+ years. I see no visible significant rust. Engine does run. Interior has been removed and needs all interior panels. However this car has great promise for restoration call or Text @ show contact info
ask for joe

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/ ... 65225.html

-James
BigFred

Re: CL-1963 Ford Cortina - $5,000 (CA)

Post by BigFred »

What's up with the hood/bonnet? Is that a higher hump/scoop welded on?
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Looks to have good potential and the pre-airflow is kinda neat, you could do a nice Lotus clone with it but you are right about the hood as it does look molested.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

$5k is a little optimistic. Looks like a lot of the trim pieces are missing, some of it hard to get or pricey.
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

I bought this car a few weeks ago the shell is straight and rust free , the car was sold new in berkeley it still has one original licence plate , all the floors are clean and still have the original paint showing, the car was originally blue ,strut towers are perfect , given its been sat for so many years I was amazed how sweet the engine runs , it has a set of old thin band bias ply tyres that have probably been on it since the 70,s it was missing quite a lot of parts most of which I've managed to find here and abroad , the bonnet has never been modified that I can see and the scoop area looks the same as my other car to me , I still need a windscreen , the front turn signal buckets and lenses , a pair of front seats and the trim piece for the glovebox lid if anyone out there has any of these pieces I,d love to hear from you
cheers RAY
Joe O'dMoors

Post by Joe O'dMoors »

Congratulations!!!!
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

oldnosname wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:01 pm I bought this car a few weeks ago the shell is straight and rust free , the car was sold new in berkeley it still has one original licence plate , all the floors are clean and still have the original paint showing, the car was originally blue ,strut towers are perfect , given its been sat for so many years I was amazed how sweet the engine runs , it has a set of old thin band bias ply tyres that have probably been on it since the 70,s it was missing quite a lot of parts most of which I've managed to find here and abroad , the bonnet has never been modified that I can see and the scoop area looks the same as my other car to me , I still need a windscreen , the front turn signal buckets and lenses , a pair of front seats and the trim piece for the glovebox lid if anyone out there has any of these pieces I,d love to hear from you
cheers RAY
I recently sold a Mk1 wagon with multiples of many bits some of which may work for you, I'll try to dig up his info for you
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

that would be great if you could , the main things are the front seats and a screen the rest I can live without for the time being if I have to , I was thinking of putting a pair of corbeu type period bucket seats in it if I can't find any originals that won't cost me a kings ransom in shipping since I'm probably going to end up with either some steel lotus type or minlite wheels on it anyway but I,d prefer original style if possible , sad part is all the pieces that came off probably ended up getting thrown away when the house got cleared out .
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

oldnosname wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:26 pm that would be great if you could , the main things are the front seats and a screen the rest I can live without for the time being if I have to , I was thinking of putting a pair of corbeu type period bucket seats in it if I can't find any originals that won't cost me a kings ransom in shipping since I'm probably going to end up with either some steel lotus type or minlite wheels on it anyway but I,d prefer original style if possible , sad part is all the pieces that came off probably ended up getting thrown away when the house got cleared out .
His name is Zachary Rockwell, email is hmfxr@sbcglobal.net can't find his phone number but he is either in AZ or CA, depending on what he is up to and if memory serves he has a MK2 Cortina and other stuff...if memory serves

For the seats, when I did my engine swap I used the S2000 seats as well and they looked perfect in there - and they were VERY comfortable
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

If it's the Zack Rockwell who lives in Incline Village,Nevada,
& near Auburn,CA (Had a business near the airport near Lincoln,CA,
BEWARE!
I sent him a Bentley automobile manual with the agreement that he'd
at least pay me for shipping,but never did.I also sent many emails,but only
received one (arrogant,taunting) reply.
The amount was only about $14,but it was the principle of it that irritated me.
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

After re-reading your post,& seeing his email,
it is the same scumbag.
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

he does,nt sound like the most trustworthy guy out there , but I,m close enough that I can drive there and pick up any parts he has that I need so, i think I,ll send him an email and see what happens , thanks for the info guys .
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

angliagt wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:28 pm If it's the Zack Rockwell who lives in Incline Village,Nevada,
& near Auburn,CA (Had a business near the airport near Lincoln,CA,
BEWARE!
I sent him a Bentley automobile manual with the agreement that he'd
at least pay me for shipping,but never did.I also sent many emails,but only
received one (arrogant,taunting) reply.
The amount was only about $14,but it was the principle of it that irritated me.
I believe that's the guy, seemed fine to me and paid cash - no choice really as I had the car! - sad to hear.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

oldnosname wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:46 pm he does,nt sound like the most trustworthy guy out there , but I,m close enough that I can drive there and pick up any parts he has that I need so, i think I,ll send him an email and see what happens , thanks for the info guys .
That makes sense, go, pay , leave with the bits.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

angliagt wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:29 pm After re-reading your post,& seeing his email,
it is the same scumbag.
Since he overpaid me a little (with the dollar exchange) I will happily send you $40 (Canadian :D ) - just give me your email address and I'll etransfer it.

Yes, seriously.