The dark side

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
Welshie

The dark side

Post by Welshie »

**Mods, please feel free to move this somewhere else, I looked at the forums and thought this was the best sub forum for it**

I know this is a site about English Fords but my short time here has shown that us lovers of all things FoMoCo also love and have some other old British Metal too. I for instance have an MGB along with my Anglia that I'm rebuilding to V8 spec, Angliagt also has an MGB I believe and whitebuffalo is a Sunbeam Imp fan. So as we were hijacking the '105E in California' thread it was agreed a separate thread for Little British Cars that aren't Fords should be started, so here goes!

I have an MGB GT, my brother has 3 Hillman Imps and my Dad has a Vauxhall HA Viva. Show your sinful LBC here :)
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

I've got a 64' Sunbeam Alpine sitting in the garage right next to my Anglia

-James
whitebuffalo

Post by whitebuffalo »

I got it bad then, along with wanting to get an Anglia I have the two Sunbeam Imps, three Minis, an Austin A50, an Austin A55MKII and a Riley One Point Five. My non British car that I have is a 1957 Thunderbird.
JAN

Post by JAN »

Are you having therapy for this?!
whitebuffalo

Post by whitebuffalo »

Yes, therapy........... it's not working :lol:
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Currently have the following.........

1960 105E Anglia - awating restoration

1967 MGB GT - "20 footer"

1968 Cortina MKII Estate - For Sale

1974-1/2 Triumph TR6

1978 Datsun B210 - My "free" $4,500 car

When Pete Snyders,Micheal MacSems,
& myself got together at the Ford 100th anniversary
in Dearborn,Michigan,in 2003,we noticed that between
the three of us that we had 21 cars...... & thought that
it was normal.

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Apart from my fire breathing Zephyr I also have a Morris Minor convertible with a Fiat twin cam and 5 speed. Quite the sleeper. in my lifetime I have owned 71 cars, more than half of which were Fords.
the older i get,the faster i went...
Welshie

Post by Welshie »

stanchfi wrote:I've got a 64' Sunbeam Alpine sitting in the garage right next to my Anglia

-James
Is that a Tiger?
angliagt wrote:
When Pete Snyders,Micheal MacSems,
& myself got together at the Ford 100th anniversary
in Dearborn,Michigan,in 2003,we noticed that between
the three of us that we had 21 cars...... & thought that
it was normal.

- Doug
I only have 4 cars now (2 on the road, 1 being restored and the other awaiting resto) but I had up to 10 cars at one time in my early 20's including 6 Ford Capris! It keeps you off the streets though Doug ;)
zephyrgary wrote:Apart from my fire breathing Zephyr I also have a Morris Minor convertible with a Fiat twin cam and 5 speed. Quite the sleeper. in my lifetime I have owned 71 cars, more than half of which were Fords.
Pics please. A friend had a Fiat Twin Cam in his Traveller, what's in the Zephyr?
Welshie

Post by Welshie »

This was my MGB GT before it succumbed to rust:

Here are some progress pics of the rebuild so far:

zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

My Zephyr is featured in 2 places on this forum with pics. First, when I got it in the Reader's Rides section on page 2 under Mark 1 Zephyr. And more recently in the general section under "Did some mods to my Zephyr." Enjoy.
The Morry was done by the Beardmore Bros in Yorkshire and has been featured in many mags and even a book on Morries.
Cheers
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

The Imp theme that we had going in the other thread inspired me to call an old friend to ask about an Imp that I knew he had. It turns out that he still has it and was in the process of putting it back together but he has become swamped with other projects, anyway the car is now for sale. Here are some pics if it.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Ok, I'll bite. How much is he looking for? How dis-assembled is it and where is it? Let's hope the wife isn't looking over my shoulder.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I don't know a lot about the car except it has had a fair bit put into it and it is likely to be very well done, I assume that the car is located near me in Vancouver B.C. but I have not seen it in the flesh. I can connect you to the owner if you wish to ask him further questions re the vehicle specifications and asking price. I would be inclined to go after this myself but I seem to be struggling to get my own 100e Anglia on the go. I will send you a P.M. with his email address.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Welshie

Post by Welshie »

Sorry Gary, you can blame it on me if the wife sees!
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

The more I think about the Imp the less sense it makes. (not that that's ever stopped me before). The last Imp I had was in LA and the cooling was marginal then. I doubt it would survive in AZ with temps over 100.